Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stupid Bumper Stickers


I was driving the other day when I noticed a bumper sticker that read, “Don’t Abandon Your Baby!” It got me thinking. Who would put this on a car? First of all, is there anyone driving around pregnant and about to give birth who would see this bumper sticker and think, “Hey maybe that guy ahead of me in the white pickup truck is right, maybe I shouldn’t abandon my baby. I think I’ll keep it. Thanks whoever you are!”

Why would someone put that on their car? Do they want people to know that they are some sort of self-righteous crusader out saving babies? Yes!! The other one that is similar is the sticker entitled “Stop Senior Abuse!” Again, is this pertinent information? Would someone who is driving over to some place to fight an elderly person see this sticker and think, “Hey maybe that guy is right. Maybe I should stop beating up senior citizens.”

What’s next?
Don’t Poison Your Neighbor’s Dog!
Don’t Throw Items From Freeway Overpasses!
Stop Abducting People!
Racism is a Very Bad Thing!
Pollution Sucks!
Stop Leaving Lights On When you go to Sleep!
Don’t Avoid The Dentist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how about "stop the slogans now!"